Cam Netwon is a philanthropist, style icon, and NFL quarterback for the Carolina Panthers. If you’ve ever witnessed his end zone moves, I think calling him an entertainer wouldn’t be too much of a stretch either.
Newton has racked up some pretty impressive accomplishments. He is the only player in the modern era to, within a one-year span, be awarded the Heisman Trophy, win a national championship, and become the first overall pick in an NFL draft and with his Panthers currently boasting a nearly perfect season, it’s safe to say he’ll be “dabbin” his way to that MVP trophy soon too.
Check out some of Cam Newton’s Champion Caliber quotes.
15 Champion Caliber Quotes From Cam Newton
1. “I’m a living testimony that anything is possible.” – Cam Newton
2. “When people see you do alright, then you start winning their hearts. It’s not going to come easy, though. It doesn’t matter how many people you do right, you’re still going to be hated by so many others. You can’t live your life trying to make everybody happy.” – Cam Newton
3. “You cannot make progress with excuses.” – Cam Newton
4. “What I do know, at least what I think I have learned from my experiences in business, is that when there is a rush for everyone to do the same thing, it becomes more difficult to do. Not easier. Harder.” – Cam Newton
5. “I think for me, or for anyone who plays the quarterback position, it’s almost an unspoken word when you think about leadership. Some guys can be a leader and be a running back or a lineman, or wide receiver, strong safety, or linebacker. But when you speak of quarterbacks, it’s automatically a default that you’re supposed to be a leader.” – Cam Newton
6. “I’m an example of why people deserve second chances.” – Cam Newton
7. “I think we have unbelievable potential. But a wise man once told me potential has never won a game.” – Cam Newton
8. “Winning is contagious, you know its a thought. It’s not something that just happens on Sundays. You know that’s something, like you have to live like a winner. You have to think like a winner. You have to eat like a winner. Everything that you do with life, you gotta be a winner.” – Cam Newton
9. “You don’t go into the game to compete. You go into each game to win.” – Cam Newton
10. “Control what you can control. Don’t lose sleep worrying about things that you don’t have control over because, at the end of the day, you still won’t have any control over them.” – Cam Newton
11. “I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon.” – Cam Newton
12. “I create a different playlist for each and every [NFL] game. Before the game, to gametime, to warmups, going to the stadium, I have a different playlist that puts me in a different mode.” – Cam Newton
13. “In college, you had to worry about that math class or this exam that’s coming up on Tuesday, but not in the professionals. You eat, sleep, and do everything related to your craft – and your craft is football. You can be at it from sunup to sundown.” – Cam Newton
14. “There’s no similarity between football and ballet, so this ain’t ballet music being played on the field. I’m pumping something that’s going to put me in a frame of mind to go to war, and something that’s very high tempo and high beat.” – Cam Newton
15. “Not to sound arrogant, but what I did in one year, others couldn’t do in their entire collegiate careers.” – Cam Newton
Got a favorite Cam Newton Quote? Share your favorite quote with the team in the comment section below.
JOIN THE TRAINING ROOM. YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO LIFE AFTER SPORTS
FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY FROM ATHLETE TO ENTREPRENEUR.
COME WIN WITH US!